Grief is the normal human process that occurs after a person has experienced the death of someone significant in life. It is a natural reaction to loss. People experience grief in many different ways and as result, their thoughts, emotions, reactions and challenges related to their grief are personal. People work through their grief in their own time and on their own path.
Experiencing the death of a loved one can be one of the most difficult times in our lives.
Some normal reactions one might experience to grief are…
- Inability to sleep or sleeping all the time
- Lack of appetite, or eating more than normal
- Nausea, dizziness, heart racing, rapid breathing, shortness of breath
- Withdraw, silence, decreased hygiene, lashing out, blaming
- Numbness, panic, crying, anger, depressed, anxious
BV Hospice provides, compassionate and respectful support for those who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Our support workers are trained and experienced to come along side in your grief journey
Grief Support for Adults
We support adults by offering various support groups, education, and more.
Grief Support for Children
We support children by offering one-to-one and small group support.
Call us today
If you have questions or want to access our services, please contact us: